Do you have a problem with using too much ketamine too often? If you do, it is time to find a ketamine recovery center. Ketamine addiction is a serious problem with serious long term consequences. In order to completely recover from your ketamine addiction you need to find the right treatment center for you.
Consider What you Want for Your Ketamine Recovery
Once you decide on recovery you have to decide what you want for your recovery. This involves carefully considering your options. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, one of the principles of effective treatment is that no single treatment works for everyone.
Your treatment needs to match your addiction and your needs. In order to receive personalized treatment you need to know what you want from your treatment program.
Inpatient, Outpatient, or Combined Treatment
The first choice you have to make is inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, or combined treatment.
- Inpatient treatment is an intensive residential program where all of the treatment methods are available inside one facility.
- Outpatient treatment is nonresidential and less intensive than inpatient treatment. You go to a treatment facility periodically to receive services.
- Combined treatment is a shorter stay in a residential facility and then a longer outpatient program. This form of treatment maximizes the benefits of both inpatient and outpatient treatment and may be the best option, according to the National Library of Medicine.
Traditional and Alternative Treatments
Many treatment facilities offer both traditional and alternative treatments. The choice between these options depends on what you believe will work best for your.
The traditional treatments for ketamine addiction involve a variety of therapy options. These therapy options are:
These counseling techniques have proven highly effective when treating a psychological addiction such as ketamine. Counseling should:
- show you how to deal with your triggers
- find the reason why you became addicted to ketamine
- deal with the repercussions of your addiction
- help you develop a support structure
The traditional method of ketamine addiction treatment does not include medications. There are no medications to help ketamine withdrawal or dependence.
Alternative or holistic treatments are sometimes useful in treating psychological addictions such as ketamine addiction. Alternative methods are:
- herbal remedies for withdrawal symptoms
- exercise and body work to minimize reactions
- meditation to calm the mind and body
- spiritual counseling to help with thought processes
- treating the whole person, body, mind, and spirit
Many treatment centers offer a combination of both traditional and alternative treatments.
Finding the Treatment Center that You Want
These treatment center basics will give you an idea of what is available for ketamine addiction treatment. Many doctors agree that combined approaches work the best because they are more flexible.