Ketamine addiction is much more serious than most people realize, and professional treatment is often the only way to create a strong recovery from this issue.
Why Should I Choose a Rehab Program?
Choosing a rehab program for your husband, especially before you confront him about his substance abuse, can be helpful for many reasons. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Involvement of a family member or significant other in an individual’s treatment program can strengthen and extend treatment benefits.” It also makes it much more likely that the individual will attend rehab and do so for the proper length of time.
Also, finding a rehab program for your partner before you discuss their need for it will often help ensure that they enter the program. Many addicts claim they will seek treatment when a loved one expresses concern and then do not do so, but having a program already in place can help avoid this possibility.
How Do I Choose a Program for His Ketamine Addiction?
According to the Center for Substance Abuse Research, “Ketamine has a great deal in common with other drugs linked with dependence including stimulants, opiates, alcohol, and cannabis,” so most rehab programs should be able to help your husband. It is important to consider his specific situation, however, in order to find the best option for his needs.
- Consider everything associated with your husband’s disorder and recovery, including any need for:
- Intensive medical treatment
- Psychological evaluation and treatment (especially important if he is suffering from depression or any other comorbid disorders)
- Social rehab or therapy (including family or couples therapy)
- Legal, financial, or vocational help
- Once you have done so, you should have a comprehensive list of your husband’s needs that must be met by his treatment program.
- Call 800-601-3889 to find possible rehab centers that can provide the options he will require for a full recovery from ketamine abuse and addiction.
- After finding a rehab program that seems suitable for his needs, call the facility and ask any important questions, including:
- What is your success rate for ketamine addicted patients or individuals addicted to similar substances?
- Which treatment options do you offer?
- Will I be able to visit my husband in treatment?
- How long does your treatment program last?
- Does your program take my insurance, and how much of the costs will be covered by my plan?
If you are satisfied by the answers given, it is likely you have found a safe and beneficial program for your husband’s recovery. Just remember to take his needs into account when looking for the right facility.
Seek Treatment for Your Husband Today
Call 800-601-3889 to find a rehab program for your loved one and to help him put an end to his substance abuse. We can help you find the best facility for your husband depending on his needs––and yours.